Announcing: Lync 2013 Becoming Skype for Business on April 14, 2015
Some exciting news from Microsoft. If you haven’t heard it already, their top notch communication tool, Lync 2013 will be combined with the world’s most popular communication application, Skype. The new application is called Skype for Business and will be released on April 14, 2015. This promises to make Microsoft Office 365 the best value today and a mainstay in business.
So, if your business is already using Lync 2013 Online with Office 365 ProPlus, Office 365 Business Premium or Office 2013, you’ll be transitioned to the new Skype for Business via an update and immediately benefit from its increased functionality and enhanced user interface, such as:
- Automatic Microsoft conversion from Lync 2013 to Skype for Business
- Easier-to-use, Skype-inspired design
- Voice and video connectivity to the entire Skype network
- Full Lync feature set
- One-click functionality
- Expanded emoticons for instilling emotion into your messages
- Improved file-transfer capability
- The ability to join meetings from the client
- Ability to take notes using Microsoft one-note during meetings at the click of a button
- Improved and easy call monitoring and controls
Here is an excellent YouTube video from Microsoft introducing the new Skype for Business.
As always, if you are an XSolutions client, we’ll be there to make your experience with Skype for Business a good one. Call us anytime at (845) 362-9675.
If you’re not an XSolutions customer — then perhaps you should be. Give us a call to discuss how we can help your business reduce overall costs, increase productivity, collaborate better, and get the most out of your technology investments.
Skype for Business is a great tool that EVERY company should take advantage of to open the door to increased collaboration and productivity.
XSolutions is a Managed Services Provider (MSP) and provides 24/7/365 remote monitoring, scheduled workstation and server maintenance, Help Desk Services, Cloud & Hosted Services, Backup/Disaster Recovery, and Software Development. Call us at (845) 362-9675 and see how we can help your company.