HR departments have loads data, like:
- I-9 documents
- Names and addresses
- Social security numbers
- Medical data
Here are 8 things HR Managers must do now:
- Use complex passwords with phrases, numbers, digits, and symbols of at least 20 characters in length.
- So personnel does not have to memorize passwords, use a Password Manager
- Add multi-factor authentication as an extra layer of protection.
- Ensure your systems are up to date.
- Never operate using an Admin Account. If you’re breached, a hacker will have access to everything.
- Store documents only on company servers.
- Establish a Security Awareness Program for all employees. Humans are the weakest link —one errant click can bring down the entire network.
- Use a Business Continuity solution to protect your information.
XSolutions is an IT Services Provider serving New York (NY), New Jersey (NJ), and Connecticut (CT). We provide Managed IT Services | Managed IT Security | Backup & Disaster Recovery| Cloud Data Protection | Security Awareness Training. Call (845) 362-9675 for a free consultation.