Your Home Is A Cyber Target – What To Do Now!
The Pandemic forced many businesses to go virtual, and most employees do not have secure home networks.
Here are 5 things you need to do now to secure your home against cyber-intruders:
– Change the default passwords on all routers and connected devices in your home. Most default passwords are available on the web for any hacker to see.
– Check your home router, and make sure you have the latest encryption standard enabled. The latest is WPA3.
– If others use your home network, set up a guest network to separate your work and personal online activities.
– Use a VPN when connecting to company systems.
– Review and understand how home connected devices, even personal ones such as cameras, appliances, etc., use and protect your personal information. A breach of a manufacturer can provide an entry into your home network.
While COVID-19 has shut down large sections of the economy, hackers have not taken a break. They see opportunity in our misery. Please don’t make it easy for them.
XSolutions is an Elite Partner of Datto, the world leader in Hybrid-Cloud Business Continuity solutions. We provide Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Backup as a Service (BaaS), Cloud Data Protection (CDP), and Managed IT Services (MSP). Call (845) 362-9675 for a free consultation. Backup & Disaster Recovery| Cloud Data Protection |Managed IT Services